During my 20+ years working in the investments industry, many people have asked me how they can create wealth, gain financial freedom and ultimately retire early. This is why I created DumbWealth.com.
This website is for regular middle-class people who are determined to grow their incomes, live conservatively while aggressively saving and investing. If you’re looking for some gimmicky get rich quick scheme you’re in the wrong place.
Can a regular middle-class person really build wealth, gain financial freedom and retire early?
Yes! But first you need knowledge. That means you need to stop relying on salespeople to look out for you. While some may have your best interests in mind, how can you tell?
- Stock Market Performance During the Great DepressionThe quarter century sideways market that began in 1929 is a myth. Here’s why.
- Should Canadian Investors Hedge US Dollar Exposure?There’s more to the decision than simply the expected performance of the US dollar. Here’s what you need to consider.
- Does ESG Investing Actually Achieve Anything?ESG investors are good intentioned, but their efforts may actually be counterproductive to what they’re trying to achieve.
- Peter Lynch: 75 Years of WISDOM in One SpeechAs the manager of the Magellan Fund at Fidelity Investments between 1977 and 1990, Lynch averaged a 29.2% annual return, consistently more than double the S&P 500.
- Are You Wasting Your Life?Are you middle aged? It’s time to take control of the rest of your life.
- When Should a Middle-Aged Family Man Quit His Job?The decision to quit is about risk vs reward.
- You Live. You Work. You Suffer. You Die.There’s more to life. Much more. But you need to chase it. It won’t come to you.
This phrase pretty much captures the problem with the many people trying to part you and your money. You’re under attack from all angles: Wall Street to Madison Avenue to Main Street. The system is built to take everything you’re willing to give up, leaving you with nothing in the end.
Most people are led astray, failing to recognize the better, common sense choices available for regular people trying to build wealth and financial independence.
I have spent over 20 years in the world of finance and I’ve seen it all. Good. Bad. Ugly. And there’s a lot of ugly.
Knowledge truly is power when it comes to investing, money and work.
I have a plan. I am on track to be financially independent and retire early. Not everyone thinks like me, but I want to help you learn from the many screw-ups (and some successes) I’ve had over the years. Subscribe below to see if you’re interested in taking this journey.
Don’t make the same mistakes as me.
I’ll be honest, I screwed up in high school, was a troubled young adult and didn’t figure things out until later in life. Many people lost all hope in me. If I can get on track to gain financial freedom there’s no reason others can’t. I want to share what I’ve learned so hopefully you can get there faster.
Gain Financial Independence and Retire Early
With this website, I will share the truth about building wealth. I will also help you shape your habits and mindset so building wealth becomes a way of life, rather than something you think about twice a year (if you’re lucky) when meeting with your financial advisor.
Did You Know: Most of the value provided by a financial advisor doesn’t come from picking stocks or timing the market. It is created from managing your behavior and making sure you stick to a well-designed plan. This is something most people can learn to do themselves.
Even if you choose to use a financial advisor, you need to be armed with the knowledge to ensure you’re not getting fleeced.
I’d like to help.
DumbWealth.com is a one-person show. 100% my blood, sweat and tears. I promise to only send emails after I’ve created enough impactful content to make it worth your time. And I promise never to give your email to anyone else.
Recent Blog Posts
- Dividend Growth vs Median Wage Growth
- Shortages and Inflation
- 8 Financial Mistakes Made by 20-Somethings
- The 2 Articles Every Rising Executive Must Read
- Succeed by Slacking: How to Get Promoted
- Stock Market Performance During the Great Depression
- Daniel Kahneman and Yuval Noah Harari: ‘Global Trends Shaping Humankind’
- Should Canadian Investors Hedge US Dollar Exposure?